In order to provide transfer students with the best possible advising experience, the College of Social Work prefers to schedule individual appointments during orientation sessions. We want to ensure that we are available to answer any questions or to address any concerns you may have regarding your transition to the University of Tennessee.
So that we can create a personalized advising experience for you, please take a moment to follow the steps below.
Step 1: Review the academic policies in the university catalog.
Step 3: Review the Admission and Progression Requirements for the BSSW Program.
Step 4: (Optional) Review BSSW Honor's Program requirements.
Step 5: Print the BSSW Curriculum Guide and Academic Plan and begin looking for courses you want to take. Your list of possible courses will provide a starting point for your advising appointment.
Step 6: Email BSSW Academic Advisor Amanda Gandy at email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name
- UTK email address
- Best phone number to reach you
- Your UT student ID number
- The name of the institution that you are transferring from
- Whether or not you've completed a degree
- Whether or not you've submitted all previous transcripts (including high school) to UT Undergraduate Admissions
- If you are currently enrolled in any coursework, or if there is any coursework not currently listed on your academic history
- Your professional goals
- If you've registered for an orientation session (Information about orientation can be found at https://newvols.utk.edu/orientation/transfer-students/ )
- If you've submitted the application for the BSSW program
- If you've already been accepted to the BSSW program
Transfer Students Frequently Asked Questions