Kim Denton, MSSW, LCSW
Coordinator of Field Education, BSSW Program and
Assistant Professor of Practice
- BA, East Tennessee State University
- MSSW, Virginia Commonwealth University
- SW313 Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families
- SW380 Field Practice in Social Work I
- SW480 Field Practice in Social Work II
- SW481 Field Practice in Social Work III
Professional Memberships & Affiliations:
- National Association of Social Workers
- Council on Social Work Education
- Association of Baccalaureate Program Directors
- Phi Alpha Honor Society
Kim Denton has been a part of the College of Social Work since 2008 serving as a Field Liaison for the BSSW and MSSW programs. In May 2012, she became the BSSW Field Coordinator. This position includes various roles such as administering the undergraduate practicum and its congruence with the overall curriculum, mentoring and advising BSSW students in degree completion and professional development, cultivating and sustaining relationships with community agencies and social workers to provide field practicum placement opportunities for students, teaching field seminar, providing training for field Instructors and field liaisons, and the ongoing evaluation of the various components of field education.
Prior to coming to the University of Tennessee, Kim worked over nine years at East Tennessee State University as a social work instructor/lecturer and the IV-E Child Welfare Coordinator. Kim has over 13 years of direct practice experience serving diverse populations in hospitals, mental health centers, residential treatment facilities, and private practice.