International Service Learning in South Africa
This hybrid course will include a service learning experience in Cape Town, South Africa, class discussion time in South Africa, and online instruction prior to and during the service learning experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn about and reflect on their own culture and culture identities as they learn about the cultures of South Africa. They will experience service learning in a school for children and youths who are "differently abled". Students will participate in field trips focused on the history of apartheid and social justice in South Africa.
- 2.7 GPA
- Sophomore level or higher by program start date
- Course Prerequisite: Consent of Instructor
- Dates: May 9-July 6, 2018 (in Cape Town May 17-June16, 2018)
- Courses: Social Work 491 or 540
- Credits: 3
- Faculty Director: Rebecca Jackson, Assistant Professor of Practice: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where to apply: http://studyabroad.utk.edu
- Deadline: January 29, 2018
The program fee is $3,115. This amount does not include airfare, tuition for the 3-credit hour course, the Study Abroad administrative fee, or personal expenses.