Change Happens Here
We are dedicated to shaping versatile and impactful social workers through our comprehensive CSWE accredited programs offered both in-person at our Knoxville and Nashville campuses, as well as online. From our BSSW, MSSW, DSW, and PhD programs, to our certificate offerings and continuing education events to earn CEU’s, we help cultivate passionate social workers. Going beyond the classroom, we actively engage in groundbreaking research, tackling critical social issues helping to empower individuals and transform communities. Our esteemed faculty bring a wealth of expertise and experience to the classroom and prepare you to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Join us, and together, let’s create a world where change happens here.
Want to be part of the change?
Social workers are catalysts for change, tackling societal issues such as poverty, inequality, and discrimination. They provide support, advocacy, and resources to individuals and families facing challenges, while also addressing systemic barriers that perpetuate social problems. Social work encompasses a wide range of settings, from schools and hospitals to corporate HR, advocacy, and even professional sports teams.
Choose Your Path
Interested in learning more about one of our programs?
Certificates and Licenses
The College of Social Work offers multiple specialized certificate programs to MSSW students and Post-Graduate professionals
Knoxville, Nashville, and around the world.
Continuing Education: Unmasking Realness
and Vision: Suicide Prevention with
Trans and Nonbinary Clients
with Urielle Samis, LCSW
December 15 | 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT
CEUs: Participants are eligible to earn 2 continuing education units in ethics.
Career Coaching with Corbett
Effective Job Search
January 30 | 5:30-6:30pm ET
- Intentionally commit to your excellence – show up, engage, and move your career forward.
- Master the art of cover letters and thank-you notes – set yourself apart.
- Ask specific questions and obtain realtime mentoring and advice.
Latest News From The College
- Enhancing the WorkforceSupporting More Social Workers for Tennessee Public Behavioral Health Agencies In 2021, Dean Lori Messinger served on the Public Behavioral Health Workforce Workgroup, co-led by Marie Williams (’93), Commissioner of Mental Health and Substance Abuse… Read more: Enhancing the Workforce
- Continuing Education: Unmasking Realness and Vision: Suicide Prevention with Trans and Nonbinary Clients – December 15Identify and describe clinical and systemic vulnerabilities that increase suicide risk in the trans/nonbinary community;