Dorothy Wallis has worked in community mental health and substance abuse treatment since beginning her social work education. With experience as both an admissions director and a case manager in non-profit agencies, she has worked to help individuals living with substance use and mental health diagnoses seek access to affordable and available treatment all over the state of Tennessee. These experiences have led her to pursue research on access to mental health care, substance use intervention, substance use in rural communities, and efficacy of recovery courts.
- BSW, Belmont University, 2014
- MSW, Columbia University, 2015
- Evidence based substance abuse interventions and prevention
- Access to treatment in rural communities
- Efficacy of recovery courts
- Non-profit management