Interested in educational systems and leadership, Becky Hnilica intends to conduct research and provide interventions aimed at improving student experiences and outcomes. A primary aim is to get local public schools to increase the time students spend learning outdoors. She holds a Tennessee license in school social work and enjoys working with youth and young adult student populations. When not in school, Becky spends time adventuring with her three sons.
- BA, Christian Brothers University, 1996
- MSSW, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2018
- Improving the K-12 public school experience
- Outdoor learning experiences and outdoor classrooms
- Nature as medicine
- The influence of outdoor exposure on epigenetics and neural function