Prior to entering the PhD program at UTK Shannon worked for a Community Services Board (outpatient community mental health agency) in Virginia for almost 5 years as an Assessment & Emergency Services Therapist. Before that Shannon worked for 2 years as a Social Worker on an inpatient psychiatry unit. She was trained as a Certified Pre-Admission Screener in Virginia. Shannon is a LCSW in Tennessee, and a LCSW and Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) in Virginia.
- BA, Hope College, May 2008
- MSW, Indiana University, May 2010
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Prevention & Intervention for Early Childhood Trauma
- Child Well-Being and Resilience, especially for Young Children & Foster Children
- Social Work & Neuroscience
- Implementation Science (around crisis services, assessment, and clinical interventions)