Before beginning her PhD, Sukyung Yoon engaged in an intensive social work career for about 10 years as a licensed social worker in Seoul, South Korea. With a major in social work and a minor in statistics, she is currently completing her dissertation on protective factors against suicidal ideation among community-dwelling older adults who have experienced spousal or partner physical abuse, focusing on mediating and moderating effects.
- BSW, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea
- MSW, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- PhD, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2019
- Aging and health
- Elder abuyse
- The impact of exposure to violence across the lifespan
- Protective factors against depression and suicide among older adults