Christy Hickman, MSSW
Assistant Professor of Practice
- BA, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- MSSW, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Introduction to Social Work (SW 200)
- Social Welfare (SW 250)
- Child Welfare I: History, Programs, and Policies (SW 461)
- Child Welfare II: Skills and Practice Methods (SW 462)
- Advanced Policy Practice (SW 548)
Christy Hickman joined the College of Social Work as an Assistant Professor of Practice at the Knoxville campus in October 2013. Christy’s prior roles in the College include serving as an adjunct instructor, field instructor, field liaison, and as the IV-E Child Welfare Certification Program Coordinator.
In addition to her work in the College of Social Work, Christy served at the University of Tennessee as the Assistant Director of the Safety, Environment, and Education (S.E.E.) Center .
Prior to her work at the University of Tennessee, Christy worked in practice areas including interpersonal violence prevention and treatment, crisis intervention, case and class advocacy, program development, training development and delivery, and community mental health.