Kelly Brooke Martin, PhD
Assistant Professor of Practice
- BSW, MSSW, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- PhD, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Dr. Martin’s multidisciplinary research interests include transnational wealth and welfare expenditure as it relates to overall health and social wellbeing.
Dr. Kelly Martin joined the College of Social Work as an Assistant Professor of Practice summer of 2019. As a graduate of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Dr. Martin upholds a firm commitment to academic excellence and student success. Her teaching philosophy is based on the Socratic Method, which emphasizes critical discourse through a free and open exchange of ideas. Dr. Martin proudly identifies as a person who is differently-abled and is both professionally and personally dedicated to the advancement of human rights for historically marginalized populations.
- Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families (SW 313)
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment (SW 314)
- Understanding Diversity in a Global Society (SW 316)