Stan L. Bowie, PhD
- BA, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
- MSW, Atlanta University
- PhD, Barry University
Social work in public housing communities, welfare reform implementation and its impact on families, behavioral rating scale development, social work education, African American families across the lifespan.
- Introduction to Social Welfare (SW250)
- Social Welfare Policies and Issues (SW416)
- Social Welfare Policies and Programs (SW510)
- Social Work Research (SW519)
- Leadership Skills and Knowledge for Advanced Social Work Practice (SW539)
- Community Organization (SW552)
- Programs and Legislation for Children and Families (SW650)
Research Projects, Funded Research, Grants and Awards:
2008 – “Gardener of Change” Teaching Award. 2008 Circle of Change Awards, Community Shares, Inc.
2008 – Key to the City of Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Presented by the Mayor for keynote speech on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
2007 – Graduate, The University of Tennessee Leadership Institute.
2007 – African American Image Award.
2001, 2006 – Faculty Advisor of the Year Award, National Association of Black Social Workers, University of Tennessee Chapter.
2005 – The University of Tennessee National Alumni, “Outstanding Teacher Award
2005 – Alpha Kappa Alpha Fraternity “Unsung Hero Award”
2004 – The University of Tennessee Commission for Blacks “Hardy Liston, Jr., Symbol of Hope Award.”
2004 – The University of Tennessee “Chancellor’s Citation for Extraordinary Community Service.”
2004 – Service Award from Alpha Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
2003 – The University of Tennessee “Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence in Teaching.”