Susan (Sukey) Steckel, MSSW, LMSW
Assistant Professor of Practice
- BA, Elon University
- MSSW, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Social Work and Social Welfare Policies and Programs (SW 510)
- Lifespan and Neurophysiologic Development (SW 513)
- Neurophysiology for Social Work Practice (SW 528)
- Leadership Skills and Knowledge for Advanced Social Work Practice (SW 539)
- Evidence-based Practice with Children and Adolescents (SW 571)
Personal Statement and Research Interests
As a macro practice social worker, I am committed to excellence in social work education and advancing the social work profession. I have a strong passion for mentoring the next generation of social workers and believe our students can achieve great things.
My professional interests include NEAR science (neurophysiology/epigenetics/adverse childhood experiences/resilience), children’s mental health policy, trauma-informed care, infant mental health and early childhood development, interagency collaboration and organizational management, and improving systems that serve vulnerable populations.